I have a predeliction for men with unusually colored eyes. Ah, yes, my latest crush, a columnist at the local newspaper with the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen. Naturally, he is married and I will never, ever, ever be his fair wife, but in the meantime I have successfully installed us (mentally speaking) into a beautiful Victorian home with two black labradors, both of whom are named Boomer. Hey, it works for me, not that anything else is, mind you.
Last night I went to a meditation group meeting where we watched a DVD entitled "Ten Things To Ask the Dali Lama" and it was actually extremely good and I enjoyed myself. Naturally, since I was hanging with a bunch of Buddihists no meat was allowed at the meal we enjoyed first, which kinda made me wonder where all the cats were. As you know, vegetarians are almost always cat lovers, and meat lovers like dogs. Or so it seems to me -- I myself love a nice juicy burger with a lot of cheese and onions melted on top, but then again, I am 5'10 and kinda on the athletic side. So, to make a long story short, I chatted with all the nice Buddhists, most of whom were considerably older than I, and the conversation was almost irritatingly safe. We discussed drinking raw vegetable juice (yes! you heard it here first! terribly enthralling!), Reiki treatments, the wonder of all the good vegetarian food (ahem), and in the meantime I mentally rearranged everyone into poses best left to a party in the 1970's after too much pot was ingested. Hey, I never said I wasn't deranged. I sat close to a couple who is very much into PDA, which personally I find rather disgusting, but I admit to a pang of jealousy when the woman sat behind her beloved and wrapped her arms around him. They stayed like that for the entire showing of the DVD, which after awhile struck me as both codependent and slightly spooky. In the meantime I sat next to a woman who looked like her idea of a good time was watching Sex in the City after drinking a glass of red wine.
Ah, yes, New Englanders! The most careful people on the planet. Especially middle-class Caucasians who are overly educated and so neurotic that every comment has to be mentally rehearsed, evidently. This is definitely the stick up your ass state, which means that you have to present your resume before people will deign to speak to you. How I miss the South, where people will talk to you simply because you exist. Yes, this contradicts my former comment about minimal education as I am no longer trashing them, but blogs are, of course, based sheerly on whim and mood. At least mine are, oh 2.6 alien readers. I assume only aliens read my blogs at this point. Who knows, on another planet I might have an insanely wonderful following! For all I know it's "lake of the long sun" day, every day! Ha! Ha!
Speaking of the Dali Lama (as I was a paragraph or so ago -- detour here and go backwards), he apparently believes there are "Sentient Beings" living on other planets. If there are, I bet they look just like him and vote Republican. Because the universe is just that scary. Carl Sagan, be damned! Just kidding. Just kidding.
So, I will retire now and fantasize wistfully about beautiful green-eyed men I will never know, not in a million years, oh no. Oh, the agony of it all. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!
I feel better now. God bless you.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment